$59,660 – $129,513
Friday, July 19, 2019
*Work hours include remaining on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and working extended hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays and occasional overnight travel as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Corrections, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field is preferred.
- Attainment and maintenance of status as a Certified Jail Manager from the American Jail Association. (Preferred)
- Five (5) years of related work experience, of which at least three (3) years must have been in an administrative or senior management capacity in a corrections setting. **
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Understanding of the full range of correctional facility operations (experience with the Virginia Jail Standards, the American Correctional Association accreditation process and the Prison Rape Elimination Act.)
- Maintain certification as a Jail Officer in the State of Virginia or be willing to attain certification within one-year of employment.
- Successful completion of a criminal record check.
**Additional work experience at a senior management capacity in a corrections setting may be substituted for up to four years of the educational requirement on a basis of two years of qualifying experience per year of education.
Basic Skills and Abilities Required:
Extensive knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws. Understanding of the principals, concepts, trends, and practice in the field of correctional management and administration as well as supervision/care of inmates. Comprehensive knowledge in planning/evaluating programs and services; in providing the necessary coordination among divisions and units. Ability to analyze difficult problems/situations and take an effective course of action; to handle crisis situations requiring tact, diplomacy, understanding, fairness, and good judgment; ability to deal firmly and courteously with staff, inmates, and public. Ability to direct, supervise, counsel and discipline subordinates in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel Policies; and to analyze complex and diverse data. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Superintendent or designee, the incumbent is responsible for directing and supervising subordinate staff (sworn and civilian) and exercises wide latitude of independent judgement in making decision subject to the general orders of the facility, Virginia law, Virginia Board of Correction Jail Standards, professional correctional practices and American Correctional Association. Perform other related duties and functions as assigned.
Interested RRJA employees must prepare an internal application that must be signed by all Supervisors and received by Human Resources July 19, 2019. External applicants must file a standard employment application with the Human Resources Office and provide a relevant resume of their professional work experience by the application deadline date.
Should you have any questions regarding this announcement, please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources Office.
Riverside Regional Jail
ATTN: Human Resources Office
500 FOLAR Trail
N. Prince George, VA 23860
Phone: (804) 524-6600
Fax: (804) 524-6659