Salary: $32,242.00 With Medical Benefits
Riverside Regional Jail is seeking full-time Jail Officers to provide custody/control of inmates.
Duties include ensuring conformity with rules and regulations, governing the conduct and behavior of the inmate population and staff, assuming responsibility for the security and welfare of inmates, as well as preparing various reports, logs, and documents.
Minimum Qualifications: Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. and a valid Virginia driver’s license. Incumbent must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18-years of age, as well as be able to work weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts. Incumbent must not have been convicted of a felony. Experience in a Jail or corrections facility with a public, private, or military agency preferred but not required.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Academy certified applicants will receive an additional $2,600.
- College Degree Incentive Program after completion of probation includes an additional $1,000 for Associate’s, $1,500 for Bachelor’s, and $2,000 for Master’s degree.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program after completion of probation includes $1,500 for Undergraduate studies and $2,500 for Graduate studies per year.
- Barber Shop
- Booking and Release
- Community Service and Landscaping
- HEM (Home Electronic Monitoring)
- Housekeeping Security
- Housing Unit Security
- Kitchen Security
- Laundry Security
- Master Control
- Medical Housing Security
- Medical Clinic Security
- Movement Control
- OPR (Office of Professional Review)
- Perimeter Security
- Primary Control
- Professional Visitation
- Special Housing Unit
- Housing Unit Control
- Video Arraignment
- Work Release